RE: Hardened Valve Seats

Subject: RE: Hardened Valve Seats
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:53:59 -0600
> speeds and/or heavy loads over prolonged distances.  All of
> which tends to
> support the opinion that a classic car used for occasional cruising at
> moderate speeds, probably doesn't need it, especially when

Nor does a car used for regular driving.  We've been without lead
additives in the US for years, and went through the same kind of
hand-wringing about it.  The conventional wisdom of lead WRT valve seats
is overstated.

Did the factory make any changes in the materials used in the head for
the RBB's?  The RBB's that came to the US would never have run leaded
fuel, and if the materials are the same, and lack of lead was a problem,
we'd have seen it by now.