Re: ebay duped

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ebay duped
From: Michael Ohleger <movlas2@netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:58:39 -0500
The word is "buyer beware" with ebay.  I once considered bidding on a
"rust free" MGA in VG condition.  The seller was with a days drive so I
asked to look at the car.  His idea of rust free was far different from
mine.  I alsodon't know where his photos came from, but they weren't
from that car.  I'm so glad I didn't buy it based on his assessment.  It
always pays to ask allot of questions and if you're still not satisfied,
pass it up.  On the other hand, I've got my share of good buys and
bargains, so in all fairness, ebay is a good source for those hard to
find spares.
Michael Ohleger
61 MGA