Re: ebay duped

To: Mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ebay duped
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:07:56 -0600
Well, with a clearer calmer head, I took the wheel
to my workshop. Some sandpaper took the paint off the
spokes and it looked a lot better. There was only some
very minor (hardly noticeable) pitting, on them. I've no
idea why they thought to put paint on these.

Some sanding and steel wool and they look pretty good. Like
maybe, 'good used condition'. More polishing (if I could find
my polishing wheel :-) ) and it will look pretty good.

Then I cleaned the wheel rim with Meguire's Leather Cleaner
and then some Conditioner and that helped it too. It's not perfect,
but it's very serviceable.

I feel much better about it.

Larry on the list has offered me another wheel with hub that I
can use the hub from and be on my way.

Thanks to all for the advice.

When I get the wheel on in the spring, I'll probably be selling my
original 77 wheel (the all rubber/plastic 4 spoke type), if anyone is
interested. I'll probably also get rid of a few other things like the
ZS carb setup - aircleaner to (probably bad) Cat. And maybe the luggage
rack - the trunk lid is bent, I got a new one, but haven't install that
yet.

Thanks,
Paul.

--