Re: ebay duped

To: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ebay duped
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:05:11 -0600
Well, actually, after I received it a looked it over, I wasn't really
happy. But I gave the guy positive feedback. My feedback just said fast
shipment. Because,

1) he did ship it quickly, and didn't actually mis-represent the item.
    One persons good used condition is another persons fair. I can't
    complain about that.

2) He also never said that it had a hub, I made a poor assumption
    without enough information. I could have sent him mail. That's my
    fault.

3) He also didn't mis-represent what year it came from. I was looking
    for a 70-72 type wheel. The ones with the 5 holes in the spokes. He
    said it came off a '75. There's no reason to believe it didn't. Since
    70-80 hubs are basically interchangeable (with small modifications
    for turn signals and such).  Without Classauger's book, you aren't
    going to know what wheel came from what year.

I guess, the person who duped me is myself. The purpose of my original
post was to remind people that that they need to think a bit and ask
questions when bidding.

Oh, and I got a couple of people on the list offering me other steering
wheels. I'm thinking about it. I'll send you guys email tomorrow. I want
to look at the wheel again, and may try some cleanup on it. Perhaps, I
little elbow grease can make it usable.

I'm kind of particular. I like the 5 hole spokes, I don't like the
slotted of the solid spoke versions. Nit-picky, but it is my car after all.

Thanks,
Paul.

--
                                 ______