Darn!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Darn!
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:58:50 +1030
Pardon me while I vent - briefly.

My Rover let me down once last week - fuel pump stopped, then seemed to
come back to life.  Earlier this week it died completely... (I heard it
whisper something about "I warned you").  Oh well, I am hunting down
another fuel pump and will get to it this weekend.

In the meantime I am just going to have to drive the wannabe racecar MGB
to work - as long as the cops don't hear it coming I will be fine :-)
Warm to hot, dry weather, so no problems not having a top for it.

I take it to work ONCE and all is well - I get up this morning and...
funny, clutch feels a bit soft... and I can't get her into reverse!  Or
any other gear!  I would suggest master or slave cylinder.. can't tell
at this stage but she ain't going anywhere.  I only rebuilt the slave
and master cylinders three year's ago!

So, my two British cars have let me down at once - and I really don't
need the extra expense just now (but I guess it is better the 'B died in
my yard than at the track)

Grrrrrrrrrrr  $34.00 cab fares - and then a bit of work to do this weekend!

Sorry - I really did have to vent!

--
Eric
'68 MGB MkII