Re: Darn!

To: jhn3@uakron.edu
Subject: Re: Darn!
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:55:40 -0500
  Oh, not the dreaded pedal drip!
  Both the brake MC and clutch MC are subject to leaking at the pushrod
end of the unit.  Most of that fluid will drip down the corresponding
pedal, but if you have a draught excluder installed it can direct the
fluid so it runs down both pedals. This is why MG installed rubber mats
instead of carpets for many years.  There is much to be said for
designing MCs to be under the floorboards, not over your feet.
   I will be removing over the weekend an eight month old  "new" MC that
replaced a one-year old "new" MC that replaced a leaking rebuilt that
replaced a leaking rebuilt, etc.  This time I'm going to send the leaky
"new" one to White Post.   Their rebuild costs more than a new MC, but at
least it will be pretty to look at, with its clear coated finish, and it
shouldn't leak any worse that the present one.
Bob