RE: Darn!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Darn!
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:21:06 -0500
Since we're venting...

Last Sunday I was replacing the brakes in my V8.  It is my only car and I
decided to preemptively replace the friction materials.  The hydraulics are
all new or rebuilt, less then three years old.  I put the car up on stands,
but forgot to crack the lugs before I did so.

I asked my dad to push the brake pedal so that I could crack them loose, he
commented that the pedal was sinking, which I though was strange since I had
just driven the car in 10 minutes earlier.  When I got into the car after
the brake job, there was a puddle on the driver's floor.

I guess this is what I get for being preemptive.

To add insult to injury, the other night I was topping up the MC (yes I'm
driving on leaky hydraulics) I put the bonnet down in a way that must have
offended it, because one of the hinge brackets that I bonded to the F/G MGC
bonnet delaminated, so now I only have one working hinge.

The part that I don't yet understand is that all the fluid is running down
the clutch pedal.  I haven't quite worked out why that is happening, but
replacing it all should make for an exciting day tomorrow.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer