Re: MGB replacement gas tank

To: "Alan Harriman" <vtech@usol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB replacement gas tank
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:56:45 -0000
Hmmm, much lighter I would tend to think of thinner sheet metal.  I painted
mine with two coats of Hammerite Gloss then liberally daubed the top and
underside of the boot floor with Waxoyl before fitting.

The cylinder mentioned traps an air pocket so the tank becomes 'full' with
less fuel in it.  This air pocket slowly bleeds off allowing the fuel level
to rise in the cylinder and that in the remainder of the tank to drop until
they are equal.  It is this which stop fuel expansion from overflowing
through the vent pipe and charcoal canister.

PaulH.