Re: not a request for the purists in the group : ) 22 Mar 04.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: not a request for the purists in the group : ) 22 Mar 04.
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:41:25 -0700
Back in my college days, when MGBs were quite common, wire wheels were
never a common theft item. So now its even less likely. Back then, the
popular MGB theft item was the right angle drive that attaches the
speedometer cable to the transmission. Or so I heard - never lost
mine.  But I did have the SU carbs stolen out of my 65B one night in Denver
about 25 years ago. It was quite a shock the next morning to first find the
accelerator go straight to the floor and then see the carbs missing when I
opened the hood when I was thinking my cable broke or was unattached. I
mention all this because now that MGs are scarcer, their value in stolen
spare parts are quite low due to the difficulty in quickly selling the goods.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B