RE: Carb & Trans Oil Questions

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Carb & Trans Oil Questions
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:54:29 -0600
If it is noise being transmitted from the gear box to the shifter you may be
on the right track.  But don't discount the shifter.  That could be the
source of the noise.  There are several items that secure the shifter.  Many
time these items are not re-installed after shifter/transmission removal.
Take a close look at a parts manual, you'll see the offending parts (nylon
bushings, springs, ball, etc).  There are even special bolts to hold the
shifter in place on the late transmission.

http://tinyurl.com/392dm

Check nos. 116, 117, 114, 120, 118, 119.

The above is from www.mossmotors.com

Good luck,

Larry Hoy