Re: Carb & Trans Oil Questions

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Carb & Trans Oil Questions
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:36:57 -0500
I have put a BandAde on the worn-throttle-shaft-
bushings/bores by installing vacuum-grease-
saturated felt washers next to the carb body
where the shaft exits (and air enters).
Vacuum grease is engineered to NOT move under
vacuum and it is pretty darned good at resisting
heat.  Will you have to replace the grease at
intervals?  Yes, but it will get you buy until
you can FIX the problem.

rick