Re: Torque Sequence

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Torque Sequence
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 11:49:17 -0500
   You got it right on the MG studs but they ARE all "torque to stretch"
types.  Tho whole idea is to stretch the stud/bolt such that the tension
in it is somewhere near the optimum point in its elasticity range.  On
the "torque to yield" types they just sorta overdo it a bit. ;^)  Always
seemed like a dippy idea to me.

   Cheers,

    CR