Re: Torque Sequence

To: ptegler@cablespeed.com
Subject: Re: Torque Sequence
From: Chris K <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:09:04 -0400
Actually, even reuseable (i.e. non-"torque to yield") studs do stretch
bit, and an accurate measurement of this stretch gives a direct measure
of the compression placed on the mating surfaces (which is what you are
really after).

We used to do this when I worked for Erickson Tool (when you make the
tools that other precision machinists use, you have to be very picky
about tolerances).

Chris K.