Plugged Gas tank

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Plugged Gas tank
From: "Allan R. Hovis" <hovisa@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 21:02:52 -0400
I have a 72 MG-B which has been parked  for several years and I am trying to
get running. I have replaced the fuel pump with an after market pump but get no
flow.  I have removed the connection to the fuel tank and the pump will work
fine directly from a can of gas.  I tried compressed air from a small
compressor on the tank outlet and it seems to pump air but with a back pressure
 of about 20 psi. Is there some type of screen or filter in the tank or should
I apply high volume air to see if I can clear the line or is there no way to do
this due to some emission stuff ? And yes, there is fuel in the tank!
Thanks,
A. Hovis
72,75 MG-B