Re: Hot weather overheating

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot weather overheating
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:13:47 -0600
Not to speak bad of Moss Motors, but I try to only order "specialty" parts
from them. Meaning that you can find and locally purchase many generic
items at your nearby automotive or hardware store and likely for much
cheaper. Thermostats and pressure caps are two such items (fasteners are
another). I remember buying spare thermostats at Kmart many years ago, and
it may still be possible. That is because the thermostat is the same one
that fits in some American engines, I think it is a common Chevy block.
That must be why I think I have three or four unused still in the package
thermostats in the garage spare parts box. They come in at least three
varieties - 160, 180, and 190. I usually run 190 year round but then I live
in Montana where temperatures are usually low. Around here, "hot" weather
would be the 90s (F) with outside temps very rarely going over the century
mark and then not by much.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B