Re: MG motivation - engine and transmission opinions.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <rtneyhart@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MG motivation - engine and transmission opinions.
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:23:36 -0400
Russ,
I came across this web-page this weekend:

http://www.britishv8.org/swaps/index.htm

Full of links to sites with V8 and V6 conversion information.  Thought
you might find it useful.

Good luck!
Donny V
78 MGB

>>> RTN rtneyhart@earthlink.net> 5/29/2004 5:03:25 AM >>

>From what I've learned so far, there's the stock four, four with alloy

cross flow head, conversions using the GM 60-degree V6, and conversions

using the Rover 90-degree aluminum V8.  For transmissions, I have
learned that there is a four-speed, four speed with overdrive, and
various five-speed conversions.  That said, I am looking for what
you've got powering your B/BGT and the pros and cons to each
combination.  I do have a specific question concerning conversions.  If

the factory used a 90-degree V8, why aren't there more 90-degree V6
conversions also?  It seems that other than being shorter, there would

be similar work involved in modifying the engine bay for fitting.  (I
do realize that the 60-degree V6 fits without as much (or no?) major
modifications.  Thanks.

Russ