Starter wire

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter wire
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:21:58 +1030
That's it - I give up.  Like the typical bloke that won't ask directions
I have wasted some more of my rare time trying to work out where this
darn red/yellow wire attaches to the starter.

I had a quick glance at another 'B the other day and saw a wire going to
a terminal on the side of the (solonoid attached to the bottom of the
starter???) and thought, gee, that looks obvious, how did I miss it before.

I get back to my car this morning and... NO DARN TERMINAL THERE!

Help - it should be soooo obvious but it isn't (and working from
underneath the car jacked up on one side is rather cramped so I haven't
got full 360 degree vision around the starter... working a bit by feel).

It is a red/yellow wire that comes out of the same harness as the other
major wires that bolt to the front of the starter but it has a male
spade terminal on it.  It happens to be bent at 90 degrees, which I
thought would help it to just fall into place and point out the spot,
but nope.

This is really silly!

--
Eric