electric fan troubles...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: electric fan troubles...
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:01:41 EDT
Well, took the MGB for a "maiden voyage" yesterday.  Putting about 80 miles
on it on Route I-80 in New Jersey to a GS Brownie activity at a local Girl
Scout camp.  It was supposed to be a 1950's theme "Hot Rods and Soda Shops"
event
for brownies and their fathers with a display of 1950's automobiles, and I
thought it would be fun to drive the B up there to hobnob with the vintage
Chevy's, Ford's etc...

Well, it's a good thing I went, because it turns out the MGB was one of only
TWO cars that showed up!  Supposedly the hot-rodders didn't want to park their
cars under trees or drive over the questionable terrain.  Anyway, my little
blue car was quite popular and another driver did show up with a nice example
of a '55 Chevy.  A 3rd driver didn't bring his late 60's Chevelle because of a
bad coolant leak.

OK, long story short: The MG performed quite well, but when I got back home
in the evening I popped the hood to check for leaks, bits flying off, etc. and
I noticed the electric cooling fans weren't running.  I pulled the wire off
the radiator switch and shorted it out and still nothing.  I can't find a
wiring
diagram in my Haynes manual with the fans on it.  Are these fused or what?
If so, where is the fuse?  I see a relay in the Moss and VB catalogs and then a
circuit breaker in the Moss catalog.  Anyone with a later MGB care to
enlighten me???

Many thanks ahead of time!!!
Donny V
78 MGB