Re: Alternatives to de-smogging - diesel

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: Alternatives to de-smogging - diesel
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:03:53 -0500
   Dave, those figures may be realistic for the Rabbit, but we're
talking about the Jetta TDI.  Still, the Rabbit's high 40s doesn't reach
the 50s being claimed by other posters.

    I'll say this; when low-sulphur diesel fuel is the norm in the USA,
VW will be able to sell EU spec diesel engines here.  They'll be better
on all counts but don't look for them until 2007.

    BTW, have you noticed that the TDI engine has gone back to
mechanically-timed fuel injection?  We'll se how that step backwards
affects engine longevity.

    Cheers,

     CR