Re: Steering Wheel Removal

To: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Removal
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:04:08 -0700 (PDT)
Frank, I know this works on the earlier wheels but not sure on the newer ones.
The method I have always used is to sit in the car and get your knees behind
the wheel so they can apply upward pressure (towards you). Then one takes a BFH
and strikes the head of the shaft 'smartly'. In each case this has had the
desired effect for me. For some the effect has been Very Pronounced and you
should be aware that it can come towards you quickly. In the case of your car I
would guess this would not be so. I hope I have not misread your post and this
helps you. Coming to Parsippany??? ( I can actually spell that word now :-)
Carl French

Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net> wrote:
I know this subject has been beat to death on here but as usual I didn't pay
much attention as I didn't have the problem. Now I am faced with attempting
to remove a very stubborn wheel on my 1980 MGB LE.