Re: Rubber to Chrome

To: <rick@stoolhead.com>, <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Rubber to Chrome
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:01:17 -0400
Rick,
I just went to a rubber bumper conversion seminar at MG2004 here in NJ.
 Seems like a much easier project now that it's been explained to me
"in-person".  Moss now makes a conversion kit for the MGB, but the
fellow giving the seminar (Peter Cosmides from www.motorcar-garage.com)
has been doing this procedure from scratch for years.

Based on Peter's talk today, an inexpensive Midget for parts would
certainly be helpful.  You could then fabricate the missing sheet-metal
bits and also have a guide for what goes where.  However, don't discount
the time and effort you might spend cleaning up parts from the donor
car.  Perhaps converting a Midget would be even easier than doing a "B".
 I will pose that question tomorrow when I go back for more learnin'...

donny v
78 MGB

>>> "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com> 6/24/2004 11:32:50 AM >>>

I've been thinking the same thing on my
restored '76 Midget.  Each time I open the bonnet
and see that original opening in the sheetmetal
I want to pull the rubber off and buy the new
bits.  I then remind myself that my goal is to
NOT invest any more money in this car.  Yet, if
I could find a parts car I would buy all the bits
except the bumpers and grill then buy those new.
So many things to enjoy, so little money in the
budget.
best,
rick