Re: Rubber to Chrome

To: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>, Don Vierling
Subject: Re: Rubber to Chrome
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:37:17 -0700 (PDT)
Personally, this is the route I would go. I don't mind the rubber bumpers. I
think I would look at replacing them with these, and even painting them black
to look original! You'de shave some significant weight off the car - has to be
a couple hundred pounds between the 2 bumpers and the supporting structures -
but still have the original look...

To me, there is something, I don't know, wrong, for lack of a better word,
with converting a car to chrome bumpers. It's never gonna be a real CB car!

IMHO, of course!

Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com> wrote:
Looks like a pretty nice conversion.

For a step in between, I've been considering a fiberglass bumper from
these guys. If and when I ever get to the finish body work/painting stage.

http://www.morspeedperformance.com/bumpers_replicas.shtml

I think the front is about $300. Plus a grill.

Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - It's getting better all the time....
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328