tire review

To: Mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tire review
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:20:42 -0500
I've had my new tires on for 3 days now. I haven't had a chance
to do any hard driving. But I did get on a few fast clover leafs.

I got Kumho 795 Touring A/S from TireRack. I like them a lot.
The feel good. They look good, and fill up the wheel wells well.
They definately look bigger than the 175SR14 XZXs.

Oh, they are 185/70TR14 on the standard Rostyles.

And very inexpensive.

I also recommend, for Twin Cities people, giving a call to Dwight
McCullough and having him mount and balance. Great guy, great price.
He gets the tires from Tire Rack and sells they to you at cost. You pay
shipping and $10 a tire to mount and balance.

Plus you get an hour to stand around and talk with him and maybe his
son. And it satisifies my "I'm the only mechanic for my 'B" criteria
since I took the wheels off and remounted them.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB