Steering Wheel for '66B

To: "MG Mail" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Wheel for '66B
From: "David Macedonia" <david.macedonia@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:00:06 -0400
Hi All!

The steering wheel in my '66B is beyond restoration.

Should I go repro or original?

There are a 3 on e-bay all hovering around the $115 mark right now. One is a
Moss unit, the others claim to be original. It's hard to tell their
condition from the photographs. If I go with an original wheel, is
restoration possible? I've seen plastic polishes in the Eastwood catalog,
but what would I do if the spokes needed refinishing?

Buying directly from their website,  the Moss repro unit (P/N 454-340) goes
for $230.95. Victoria British wants $252.95 for theirs (P/N 18-251).

Thanks,

Dave Macedonia
1966 MGB
Crofton, MD