Re: Oil for Overdrive Transmission

To: "Charles & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil for Overdrive Transmission
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:24:44 -0400
I can't comment specifically about the difference
between the Castrol Syntec and the Mobil 1 but I
do need to put in a word here for the Mobil 1.

I've always wondered if using Mobil 1 was worth the
cost or not.  But while recently restoring a 72 MGB
more a client, I was stunned when I opened up the rocker
cover of  an engine that had 100K+ miles on it and it
was absolutely clean!  165 psi +/-2 in all cyls....
and this engine has NEVER had any work done it.
It's been running Mobil 1 since it first came on the market
way back when.

The internals of this engine impressed me enough, (having
seen it's usage results first hand) that I did just recently
drain and flush my own engine and fill it with a fresh
load of 20/50 Mobil 1.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com