Re: Oil for Overdrive Transmission

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil for Overdrive Transmission
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:24:10 -0700
Hmmm, I wonder if you'll see much benefit at this point. I mean, depending
on how many miles you have accumulated on dino oil, it's arguable that the
wear and crud distribution has already occurred. Running synthetic starting
after a full rebuild seems reasonable (it certainly seemed to work in your
example), but I would suspect it's a waste of money on a high-mileage
engine. Though you could take the attitude that it can't hurt...

Speaking of burning money, on Monday I put $20 of gas into the B and was
utterly disgusted to see that it didn't even move the needle up to the 3/4
mark -- in fact, it was barely over 1/2. I guess I need to get to work on
that hydrogen fuel cell conversion, like the guy in the novel.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149