RE: Oil for Overdrive Transmission

To: <Mowog1@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil for Overdrive Transmission
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:44:20 -0500
Good one, Rick. But be careful. I have done that very thing. I was planning
a trip in my 1950 Chevvy the morning after having replaced the synchro rings
in the tranny. There were no auto parts stores open for more tranny oil, so
we headed to the commissary (US Naval Base) and begged a whole bunch of
bananas. One by one my, navy buddy peeled and I shoved them in whole into
the tranny. I drove that car for another 75,000 miles and never had a
problem and never changed the tranny fluid.

Good to see you a fortnight ago.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer