Re: clutch bleed wierdness

To: "Tim Holt" <holtt@nacse.org>
Subject: Re: clutch bleed wierdness
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:58:18 +0100
I'm not surprised with 1" of play in the arm with the slave removed, nor
with being able to push the piston right back into the cylinder and so get
1/4" or more of play.  The important thing is what happens with it all
connected up and you have pushed the pedal 2 or 3 times or whatever until it
gets really hard.  If at that point the slave piston and push-rod is
extended, but you can manually push it back into the cylinder with the pedal
released, then the problem is with the clutch.  If not then the problem is
almost certainly hydraulic, or possibly mechanical at the pedal end.
Slackening the hydraulic connections along the line will tell you where the
blockage is, and if you still get fluid leaking under pressure at the master
end then the problem is in the master itself or the connection to the pedal.

PaulH.