Re: clutch bleed wierdness

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch bleed wierdness
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:47:31 -0700
Um, it's the clutch diaphragm spring that returns the clutch, not the
suction in the slave cylinder. If the clutch arm doesn't return, and you can
move it with your hand, I would say you have an internal problem.

Think -- you need a hydraulic ram at the end of a lever arm to release the
clutch against the spring pressure. It should definitely return by itself.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

Check out the new British Cars Forum: