Re: List confusion [OK, now it's "Primrose: The Mark of

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: List confusion [OK, now it's "Primrose: The Mark of
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:10:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com> wrote:

> That's because they have been REPAINTED in BRG or Tartan Red, both
> of which
> are more popular today ... You're in the rust belt, remember? Out
> here in
> CA, there are still a lot in their original paint,
(deletions...)

I'm guilty of this.  My first car was a pale primrose 1968
MGB from Pennsylvania.  In dealing with the rusted rocker
panels and floorboards caused by liberal east coast use of
salt, I also had it painted BRG.  Not so much because I
didn't like the original color, but because as a dumb kid
I didn't fully appreciate the value of originality :-)
and BRG is such a beautiful color on chrome MGBs.
Circa 1978 picture at:
http://zippo.homelinux.org/mg/images/mgb.jpg

=====
David Breneman              david_breneman@yahoo.com