Are my tyres too old?

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Are my tyres too old?
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:39:20 -0700
I put Star  (Goodyear cheapies????) 185/70 14 M+S  88T tyres on my 1970 on
MGB GT some 8-10 years ago and I now have a Rover V8 sitting in it.   It is
nearing completion held back by a plethora of frustrating little jobs.  I
am getting conflicting reports from the purveyors of tyres and look for
advice from a non-commercial group.  This is what I have been told.

1) The tyres even with the low low mileage are too old and should be scrapped.

2)  The rating does not matter 88T are good way above the 120km (75mph) at
which I will be cruising.

3)  Must have H rating as good for high speed lane changing on highways to
avoid suicidal SUVs

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca

Check out the new British Cars Forum: