RE: Are my tyres too old?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Are my tyres too old?
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:24:31 -0600
A tire's date of manufacture is contained in the last three digits of the
DOT (Department of Transportation) serial number, which all DOT approved
tires have, and is found near the "bead" of the tire. Of the last three
digits, the first two stand for the week and the last stands for the year.

Example : 506 would mean the tire was made during the 50th week of 1996.

Larry Hoy

Check out the new British Cars Forum: