Re: Are my tyres too old?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Are my tyres too old?
From: "James Kleemeyer" <jkk@adams.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:04:30 -0500
Yes, there are date codes on tires, but I don't remember how to read them.
Back in the early eighties I bought a beautiful 30,000 mile 72 B for $80
(really) that had been sitting for a long time, the tires on it looked new.
Within about two weeks every one of them developed knots in the tread. The
tire shop where I bought 4 new tires showed me the date codes. The tires
were actually older than the car.

BTW, within about a month every rubber part of the cooling system and all
the hydraulics went bad. But hey, what do you expect for $80?:^)

Jim K.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: