Re: Ignition ballast -- where is it?

To: <Saabnutty@aol.com>, <k2@gernertzone.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Ignition ballast -- where is it?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:19:09 +0100
The early 45DE4 electronic distributor did have an additional resistor for the
electronics physically located near the distributor but that should have a
white wire on one side and a white/blue on the other.  Later cars had the
45DM4 unit which did not have this, just the remote amplifier on the inner
wing.  Given the date of the car, and the fact that the earlier unit was
notoriously unreliable and many were replaced under guarantee, I assumed maybe
wrongly that it would have had the later unit.  However the white on the 45DE4
resistor is in fact a full 12v and can be used as a supply to a Pertronix or
to bypass the loom ballast when fitting a 12v coil.

PaulH.