Re: rubber bumper conversion

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rubber bumper conversion
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:23:02 -0400
> Am I the only person in the world that actually likes the look of the
> rubber bumper MGB's? To me, they give the car a bit more of a cleaner,
> more modern appearance. Of course, just my opinion <g>
>
> Alan Harriman
> 1980 MGB

No, you are not the *only*... but probably in the minority. IMO, the chrome
bumper B's have the more classic look. But, considering the times (take a look
at what was being made in the late 70's by other auto manufacturers), the
rubber bumper B's were not a bad compromise.

As mentioned, the extra ride height does seem to help us old fogeys get in &
out of their MG's a little easier.

Now, what model year had the ugly 'boxing gloves' attached to the bumpers? Does
anyone keep *those* monstrosities on their MG?  ;>)

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
1978 MGB
1960 MGA