Re: '63 vs. '68

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: '63 vs. '68
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:46:10 -0800
Interesting quandary.

Taking the engine and tranny as a unit would certainly work, with the usual
futzing about with electrics and plumbing connections. Mixing and matching
Mk. I and Mk. II engines and trannies will lead to more issues (engine
plate, flywheel, starter -- BTDT) and no particular benefit that I can see.

But I like the idea of swapping whole cars. A restored 63 will be more
desirable than a restored 68, and I think you do have a valid argument that
a 68 is a better platform for his proposed radical alterations (though a RB
would be even better).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149