RE: Tube shocks on MGC

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: RE: Tube shocks on MGC
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:16:44 -0700 (MST)
This is more of a general comment.  I converted my MGB to spax shocks over
9 years ago.  I got the kit from moss, and it had a mounting bracket that
goes under the spring, and one that went on the standard shock mount.  The
only issue I've ever had with the system is that the exhaust system
occaisionally has rubbed against the lower left shock mount.  Other than
that, I've been very happy with the tube/spax shock conversion.  I realize
that I'm talking MGB, and the list topic is MGC, but as they spax shocks
are adjustable for stiffness, and most of the added weight of the C shoudl
be at the front, I would assume that the info is comperable.

Phil Bates