Re: Engine Rebuild?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild?
From: rdusel@att.net
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:13:19 +0000
One more easy check. Take off the valve cover and look at the valves for
cylinder #2. See if both of the valves are being pushed down by the rockers and
are coming back up to the same height as the other valves when the rocker arms
are slack (loose). To have 0 compression you have to have a valve that's not
touching the valve seat at all (bent or stuck open) or in really bad shape.
The other cylinders look OK as the oil only produced a small increase in
pressure (meaning the rings are not too bad).
Regardless of what you find, seems that 0 compression on 2 means the head has
to come off so you can verify the piston condition and have the head
checked/repaired. Might also be time to take a small stick, take out the spark
plug on #2 and feel for the top of the piston and make sure that it is going up
and down...
Take a look under the valve cover (it's easy to get off) and let us know what
you find...

Rob Dusel 1975 B

-------------- Original message from Timfboston@aol.com: --------------