Re: LBC's in Action

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: LBC's in Action
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:28:49 +1030
Eric wrote:

> PS I have another couple of HUGE videos uploaded.  I really will try to
> prune them down for viewing but my "run" down the winding roads in the
> hills outside of Adelaide looks great - it is hard to know what to trim
> from it but I know some don't like dragging down a 45MB movie file :-)

This is getting worse.

I need to get a job that doesn't keep me so busy so I can really fiddle
with these movie files (but which also pays me enough to fix and compete
in a 36 year old sports car).  After spending some valuable time
compressing and playing with this huge file I get home to find it is
only an eighth the size- yippeee - but I can only play the audio - arrrghhh.

So in the meantime, if you have big bandwidth and overnight to download
it, here is the original that I couldn't bear to edit.

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/movies/hills/hills2.mov

A 3 minute drive down a twisty road in the hills outside of Adelaide,
South Australia.  I have never actually driven this road before so I was
not going full speed.  It is winding with a lot of blind corners that I
tip-toed around because I was not sure what might be around the other
side :-)  The road is so narrow (two way) that you can see even the
little MG barely fits in the correct lane... and there is occasional
traffic coming the other direction so it is best to stay on your side of
the road unless you can see safely ahead.

With cliff faces on one side and steep drop offs on the other I was not
trying to be a hero (or fool) so this is more a pleasant Sunday drive
than a rally run :-)

The speed "suggestion" signs that you will see are in kilometres-per-hour.

I will keep trying to compress this file further but in the meantime
(for those that can) - enjoy.

Oh yeah... it is 45MB of movie file AND we drive on the CORRECT side of
the road here (not the RIGHT side :-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI