Re: Roundabouts

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Roundabouts
From: RW <prndl@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:56:27 -0800
> The scariest "roundabout" I have ever experienced is the Place de la Concord
> in Paris.
By French law, when you enter the Place de la Concord your auto insurance is
void until you exit the round-about. My first driving experience in Paris
was driving a 15 pass mini-bus that we had hired to carry the film crew
around that I was working with. Since I was the "car guy" in the group, I
was elected to drive. The secret, I learned, was to look straight ahead,
never to either side, but pay lots of attention to what was going on out
there in my peripheral vision. Be assertive but fair. After a couple of
hours I was holding my own with the best. I made it around the Arc several
times and even drove there at night. Whew! Lots of fun. But I'll bet it'd be
funner in an MG or Lotus.
--
Rod Williams
Petaluma, California