Re: Roundabouts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Roundabouts
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:16:36 +1030
Dan DiBiase wrote:

> > new jersey has some.  plus on many major thoroughfares, to turn left you
> > have to turn right, go in a semi circle, and then cross at the light.
> >

> "Jughandles", they are called.

I must remember that term - when you think about it, this is the shape
they describe.  I call Victorians (the State in Australia, not the era)
"jugheads" so it matches.

In Victoria they have these turns in the city when you have tram tracks
going down the middle of the road.  If you sat in the middle of the
road, waiting for oncoming traffic to clear before you turned, you would
be sitting on the tram tracks.  Of course in Australia this is for right
hand turns, but same difference.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII