Re: abingdon pillow

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: abingdon pillow
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:08:04 -0800 (PST)
--- Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com> wrote:
> You guys are both full of beans. (G)  My '69 B has
> the pillow and NO GLOVE BOX, just a "map pocket"
> which pulls off the wall if you try to
> get your hand in it.

I'm another pillow-dash fan.  I think it's handsome,
if not in a 1960's way, then certainly in a 1970's
way.  I happen to have converted my car to a metal
dash (by stripping off the pillow padding and
refinishing the metal underneath), but that's because
it's a quasi-race car, and the stripped down look is
more in keeping with the overall feel of the car.

If I were restoring the car for comfy street use, I
would definitely keep the pillow.  Of all the
dashboards they ever put in the MGB, it's
aesthetically my favorite.

And by the way, what is everyone's obsession with a
glove box?  I mean, you'd think it was a safety belt
or something!  Are you guys actually using your glove
box constantly?

I have the "map pocket" noted above and it's perfectly
fine for holding my owners manual, registration, etc.
Heck, my wife's Land Rover has a glove box and I think
I've opened it twice in two years (both times after
getting pulled over.)  I assure you she has NEVER
opened it.

Maybe I'm strange, but I don't miss a glove box one
little bit.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005