Re: Under bonnet temp

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Under bonnet temp
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:51:19 -0800
Oliver,

You are a gentleman and a scholar sir!  You will need something that goes
up to 180 deg F - I think!  So an oven whatsist should be okay.  Duct tape
will stick it.   Run the car on the road for 15 minutes to get to working
temp then whip bonnet(hood) open and record temp.  Close bonnet and wait
3-5 mins then read again.   If you send me your address I will send you a
piece of soundproofing that I am working on to see if it sticks under the
max heat reached under the hood!!

At 11:39 AM 2/19/2005, you wrote:
>hey - i'm game.  my hood has no insulation; its a 73 cbb, bone stock as far
>as i know.
>
>duct tape and a thermometer?  should i use an oven thermometer?  what range
>thermometer do i need?

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8 in the making
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings

Purveyor of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
------- and of stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
------- and of bitumastic soundproofing