Re: air pump

To: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: air pump
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:11:21 -0800
DAvid,

I am not really very familiar with the air pump set up but I assume that it
just injects air into the exhaust.  Some claim that this extra oxygen burns
up excess fuel and renders some pollutants harmless - but I wonder!    The
original trick was to dilute the percentage of pollutants NOT decrease
them.   This because of warped govt thinking confused bulk with
percentage!   But injected air can suck exhaust out of cylinders but again
- I wonder.  Are there any reliable test results available.

At 07:04 AM 3/24/05, you wrote:
>I'd think twice before removing the air pump.  It actually
>not only produces a pronounced decrease in pollutants, but
>it marginally increases horsepower as well.  Not much, but
>measurably.
>
>David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com
>

>__________________________________
>Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
>http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/

Regards

Barrie Robinson

MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII
705-721-9060

Purveyor of O-ring kits for restoring Smith & Jaeger gauges,
                       Stainless steel mesh grilles, air vents & airdams and,
                       Sound deadening material and kits for MGBs