MGB Fuel Mileage

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Fuel Mileage
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:14:27 -0500
Wrong question for me.  My over-steroided B requires 100 octane at $5.50 per
US Gal & drinks it like crazy.  Last I checked I got c. 17 around town & 28
highway in o.d.  Worse & better than my BMW SUV tow truck.  That gets 19
around town.  But, it can't break 26 on the highway.  An SUV is like pushing a
sheet of plywood through the air while held perpendicular to the direction of
travel.

Back when I bought my first MGB in 1965, I got close to 30 on the highway
without o.d.  But, that's when regular was 29 cents a gallon.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB daily driver/occasional vintage racer (legally registered in Florida
as of today.)