Re: MGB Fuel Mileage

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Fuel Mileage
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:03:53 -0700 (MST)
I think it depends a lot on your tuning abilities.  You can get 30, in
good tune and with an engine in good condition.  I'm up a bit in altitude
(at 4800 ft) and I only get 22.  Most of my driving is on the freeway at
75mph - and I've been driving the B everyday.  The overdrive is about 1/2
functional.  My MGA with a 3 main bearing B motor and no overdrive, on the
other hand - is better tuned, and it will get 29 IF I'm on back roads at a
steady 55 - 65 mph.

Phil Bates