Re: wiring help needed

To: "Aaron Whiteman" <awhitema@panix.com>,
Subject: Re: wiring help needed
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:27:29 +0100
See below (... above?)

----- Original Message -----

>    * a bright green w/ white striped wire coming from under the car
> (transmission area?)

Green/white is the left-hand indicator/flasher and hence is in the rear
harness.  White/green is from the accessories position of the ignition
switch, should be connected via an in-line fuse to a green/black for wipers,
washers and heater fan.  I'm not aware of a *light*-green/white wire, but
yellow/green is associated with the sequential seat-belt unit and goes to
the passenger seat switch (bum detector).

>    * a yellow (no apparent stripe, but it could be there...) wire from
> under the car (if it had a red stripe, I would go with the OD)
>
>    * a yellow wire (no stripe) from the main loom (I assume overdrive
> here)

Plain yellow is asssociated with the OD, pretty-well always that colour in
the main harness.  Up to 72 it connected to a yellow/red in the gearbox loom
to the lockout switch, and a yellow/purple from the lockout switch to the
solenoid.  From late 72 to 76 it appears to be plain yellow in the gearbox
loom as well.

>    * a yellow wire with a pink (red?) stripe from the main loom, bullet
> connector
>    * a yellow wire with a pink (red?) stripe from the main loom, spade
> connected, was not previously connected.

Yellow pink goes from the sequential seat belt unit to the starter relay and
is the inhibitor circuit if the belts are not fastened.  If the unit is
missing you have to link the white/red to the yellow/pink at the connector
plug in order to crank.