Re: Wheels go round and round

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: Wheels go round and round
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:18:04 -0400
Paul,
   How can effective circ differ from actual?   I can see that diameter
can be effective  or   actual because of squish, but do not understand
how circumference is affected.
   x inches of road progress is made by x inches of rubber, isn't it?
Seems to me that the wheel moves same distance on the pavement that is
represented by a string wrapped around the wheel.
   Is there another factor that I am missing?
Bob