Re: Wheels go round and round

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk, mgs@autox.team.net, mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: Wheels go round and round
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:08:43 EDT
In a message dated 6/3/2005 8:33:56 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

As an  extreme
example think of a tracked vehicle - the rolling circumference is  governed by
the radius of the wheels plus the thickness of the track, not  the
circumference of the track.

OK...I got it, if the track on an Abrams is 46 feet in length, if you  change
from one size drive wheel to another, for each mile the tank travels, a
different amount of track will meet the road.  I just assumed that if it
traveled
a mile, a mile of track would be rotated.  I guess I'm just  dense.

Robert  Houston
74.5 MGBGT
63 TR4
73 MG Midget

Firstly you must always  implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form
any opinion of your own  regarding their propriety. Secondly, you must consider
every man your enemy who  speaks ill of your king; and thirdly you must hate
a Frenchman as you hate the  devil._ Horatio  Nelson_
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/horationel167957.html)