Re: Road Pricing

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Road Pricing
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:37:00 +0200
Those train people controlling the signals and railtracks overhere tried to
clog the roads as well by going on strike last week for a day.
No train could move whatsoever and guess what, traffic was not so bad @
all....

Yes, road pricing is on its way as well overhere in the Netherlands.
But there's good news as well (from the European government!)
The enormous tax (named BPM) on new cars and motorcycles is named illegal in
the aspects of the European laws, so I'm curious when this dreadfull tax
will be banned.

Example:
My Audi Avant received the BPM tax of US$ 15,115 as part of the total
purchase price of US 52,800 = 27% of the listprice is this @#* BPM tax.
Calculate, that 19% of the listprice also is regular value add tax (VAT),
makes, that a Dutch car price exists almost 50% of tax!

Back to road pricing: for my MG, I would not like this variant. Road pricing
will make the fuel possible higher as it already is (very). My BGT is not
taxed, as it is over 25 years old.
We'll see what will come. I assume the classic car lobby will do a good
fight.

Cheers,

Hans